Sunday, April 30, 2006

BusKid and our trip to Santa Monica

Last Thursday Rachael, Leonie and I went to a discussion featuring Bob Scheer and Scott Ritter at Track 16 in Santa Monica. The event started at 7:00 p.m., and Leonie was already going to be in Santa Monica, so Rachael and I decided to meet her there for dinner and then all three of us could go to the event. Instead of driving, having two cars, putting up with rush hour traffic, Rachael and I decided to take the bus. Straight shot down Wilshire Blvd from my office on the Red Rapid Line 720. In fact, the bus even used the weekday rush hour dedicated lane that runs from Barrington Ave. to the city of Santa Monica. Certainly faster than driving on the clogged up freeway. Only $2.50 for the two of us. Much more comfortable and fun.

Rachael also took the bus from our home to my office. Here is what BusKid writes:

i felt empowered

3:51 get to bus stop
3:52 get on bus
4:03 get off bus
4:11 get to office

i appreciated los angeles in a personal way that i hadn't in a long time. i have never had my own car and i am accustomed to being a passenger, but the driver usually expects entertainment and conversation. the quiet of the bus allowed me to loose myself in memory and reminiscnce. after a semester away from los angeles, it was wonderful to be able to look out the window at the landmarks i am so familiar with.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not BusKid. I am the real BusKid. This "BusKid" is a poser. I think we all know the reason why.

Nathan

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These so-called BusKids are fighting over trivial matters. Who cares who is the "real" BusKid? I made up "spitmobile"!!!! HaHaHa!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home