Monday, January 23, 2006

TVs and slightly "off" people

Today I rode the bus from home to the gym in the early morning, then from the gym to work, and then from the office home. It's a nice bus day. I get the 3rd Street bus a block and a half from my house and it takes me within 3 blocks of my gym. The Wilshire bus is right across the street from my gym, and it drops me off two doors away from my office. I walk 4 blocks from my office to 3rd and catch the 3rd Street bus home. Pretty cool for $3.

I wrote a complaint/suggestion to the MTA today. There are televisions with news and (of course) ads on many of the buses now. This is a pretty new thing, maybe over the last year or so. I don't mind the televisions, but I do mind the sound. They should do like they do on the TVs in the gym or on elevators where they run the close-captioned words at the bottom of the screen. Or they could let you tune into a particular radio band if you wanted to hear the sound. I'd rather not. They don't allow boom boxes on the bus (thank goodness!), why should they put in TVs?

Did have a funny experience on the 3rd Street bus home. There was an older lady on the bus, talking to herself, probably a bit mentally ill. She got up to get off at Fairfax. The Fairfax stop is about a quarter of a block down the street from the actual intersection of 3rd and Fairfax, but she wanted to GET OFF. She told that to the bus driver loud and clear. When she did exit the bus, she turned and told the bus driver she was going to have him arrested for false imprisonment. He thought that was pretty funny. So did I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home